One of my friends had her birthday party on a catamaran this past weekend. The views from the water were breathtaking. Plus the fog didn’t roll in, so we actually had a beautiful sunset too!
On a quest to introduce more anti-inflammatory foods into my diet, I made this delicious turmeric packed salad dressing to toss in my daily salads this week. Not only was the dressing tasty, but the salad ended up having so many vibrant colors as well. Green, yellow, red, pink, white, and so many shades in between.
The recipe below will make a really big bowl of salad, which I have for lunch throughout the week. It would work really well as a dinner dish to share with your friends and family too.
Turmeric Ginger Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbl lemon juice
- 2 tbl agave syrup or honey
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 inch chunk fresh ginger
- 2 large heads lettuce (green, romaine, red, etc)
- 2 barlett pears, chopped
- 6 deglet dates, finely chopped
- 5 small beets, thinnly sliced (I used a setting on my food processor to get them really thin)
- 3 lemon cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
What to do:
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together in a blender until smooth (I use a Vitamix).
- Combine the salad ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing on top, and toss to ensure everything is nicely coated.